Job Title: Website Administrator (WordPress) (Communications & Marketing Team)
Location: Aberdeen or London
Full Time, Permanent role
Salary: Competitive & Excellent Benefits
We are looking for a website administrator (WordPress) to join OEUK’s communications and marketing team to support the delivery of our online content through our website and other online channels. In this role you will become the dedicated point of contact for running and maintaining our website so experience running and developing open-source content management systems for corporate companies is essential, e.g. WordPress at an intermediate to advanced level.
Key aspects of the role of Website Administrator are to:
Work to objectives and budgets agreed with the Head of Marketing and support the development of all website assets at OEUK by:
- Maintain and develop compelling content across websites and digital products, working with the wider marketing and communications team to identify required improvements.
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Marketing Adviser to keep content up to date whilst improving usability and user experience of the website using the WordPress content management system
- Work with colleagues across OEUK to maintain existing content areas and to support content which drives member, stakeholder and public engagement aligned with policy asks
- Understand and work with supporting platforms that are part of the website infrastructure (Vimeo, Flipping book, Shorthand)
- Work with the Systems Manager to improve technical solutions for member focused products and to understand the basic principles of integrations with our CRM (Microsoft Dynamics – developer knowledge not required)
- Where relevant, work with external agencies and suppliers, controlling access to the websites and supporting them as needed.
The above would be required across the following products, with the potential for more:
- Main website
- All other websites (events and campaigns)
- Members’ areas
- Content management
Skills and Attributes
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Experience of managing or building corporate websites in WordPress (Intermediate to Advanced Level)
- Confident in developing, writing and publishing accurate, optimised copy to websites.
- Knowledge and understanding of WordPress or other Open-Source Content Management System
- Attention to detail with a keen eye for the accuracy of copy.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Enjoys working as part of a high performing team willing to get stuck in to get things done.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work outside normal hours, on occasion, to meet timescales, deadlines and should also be willing to travel within the UK (our offices are London and Aberdeen).
- Demonstrates high personal standards of ethical behaviour and professionalism, aligned to company values.
- Skilled communicator and a strong, flexible team worker.
- Excited to be part of a diverse, high performing team.
- Keen to learn from others and make a positive contribution to the role and the wider organisation.
- Fully understands the purpose of our business and is fully supportive of our mission.
You will have proven experience in a similar role or looking to take on a role with more responsibility and ownership, as well as proven experience writing content for websites. The role requires collaboration across cross functional teams within the organisation and externally with stakeholders and collaborators.
Why work at OEUK?
The global energy industry is in transition so at OEUK you will get the opportunity to contribute to the progress the UK offshore energy industry is making to meet our net zero targets, supporting our members, developing key skills, being able to participate and make a difference.
The development of our employees is the key to our success and we support this by offering the following benefits:
- Flexible / hybrid working
- Learning and development opportunities
- 27 days annual leave
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Purchase / sell leave
- Life cover 4 x salary
If you are interested in the above role and want to know more, please send through your CV along with a cover letter to the HR team, letting us know why you consider you are the right person for this role, to [email protected] .
Closing Date: Thursday 12th October 2023
A full job description can be found here.
You must be able to work in the UK legally and you will not require sponsorship. Relocation for this role would be at your discretion.