OEUK is proud to engage, inform and champion the UK offshore energy sector. We have produced a booklet and materials which are free to use.
Contact OEUK communications team if you’d like to find out more or access videos, graphics, slidedecks and briefings.
‘North Sea Oil & Gas: Unlocking the Potential’
Published May 2023.
This document shares the industry’s vision, beyond explaining what we do and how we do it, and delves into the driving force behind our actions. It includes a series of statistics, commonly asked questions, and graphs.
Access the publication below:
- Direct link for sharing and reading online
- Download the PDF file for adding to your internal networks or reading offline
- Order printed copies for your reception and office with our editorial team
• We are proud to make a huge contribution. In 2022/23 alone we will add over £20bn to the UK economy.
• 2022 Gross Value Added (GVA) of £20bn – equal to nearly 1.5% of total UK GVA.
• We support over 200,000 good, skilled jobs across the length and breadth of the UK.
• We provide 90,000 jobs in Scotland.
• In 2050, the Climate Change Committee outline that oil and gas will still provide 22% of the UK’s energy needs.
• In 2022, domestic gas production met 44% of the UK’s needs.
• We have reduced our own impact on the environment by 20% since 2018.
• OEUK members are helping to develop 13GW of offshore wind capacity by 2030, with these projects requiring almost £30 billion of investment.