Technical innovation in flow measurement on the road to Net Zero
The Global Flow Measurement Workshop is the foremost flow measurement event worldwide, with key stakeholders in the energy industry delivering first-class technical content.
Innovation drives growth, so it is vitally important for industry to stay ahead of developments in technology, regulation and practice to maintain competitive advantage in today’s economic climate. If companies are not innovating then they quickly become outdated, and the need to be aligned with the global context is as important in the energy industry as it is everywhere else.
The Technical Programme will include sessions dedicated to emerging topics such as digital developments, CCUS and Hydrogen. World-renowned experts will share their field experiences and latest research into all aspects of flow measurement.
The event will maintain its world-leading tradition of independence and expertise by offering a mix of:
• Technical presentations incorporating real-world experience.
• Poster presentations highlighting innovative research & development projects.
• Equipment manufacturers showcasing the latest innovations within the industry.
• Interactive breakout sessions to share knowledge and best practice.
• Panel sessions hosting expert discussion of key measurement topics and challenges.
Individuals from the entire supply chain, operators, service companies, manufacturers, consultants, regulators, researchers, and standards bodies, come together to discuss industry issues and explore solutions. Attendees will learn from the field experience of peers, hear about developments in R&D, and discuss their own unique challenges with other individuals and companies.
Maintaining its reputation for first-class technical content and delegate participation, the Workshop continues to deliver fantastic knowledge-sharing and networking opportunities.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The theme for 2024 is Technical Innovation in Flow Measurement on the Road to Net Zero. The Workshop will explore challenges facing the entire energy sector as stakeholders throughout the supply chain respond to the changing global context and the importance of energy security.
Papers are invited from upstream, midstream and downstream organisations across the energy sector; from oil & gas, to hydrogen, CCUS and beyond.
The Technical Committee is interested in receiving papers representing all aspects of flow measurement, uncertainty, and quality improvement. The following topics are of particular interest:
• Field experience in all areas, particularly the use of multiphase and digital technology.
• New energy, transportation, standards, and measurement challenges in hydrogen and carbon dioxide.
• Measurement of emissions, including top-down & bottom-up measurement approaches and compositional analysis.
• Transmission, networks and pipelines.
• Artificial Intelligence applications in flow measurement.
• New technologies & innovations improving quality of measurement.
To maintain the practical aspect of the event, case-study style papers and those led by end-users will be given priority.
FORMAT OF DELIVERY
There are two options for delivering material:
• Full paper, including 20-minute presentation and 10-minute chaired Q&A
• Poster presentation, displayed and discussed during the Workshop’s poster session.
These should be accompanied by a written technical paper which will be published in the Workshop proceedings.
To allow more time for authors and presenters to obtain internal permissions for presenting case studies, we are bringing the deadline for abstract submission forward slightly this year.
Submission of abstract: 29 February 2024
Notification of acceptance: 26 April 2024
Submission of paper: 20 September 2024
Submission of presentation (in PowerPoint): 4 Oct 2024