The Major Hazards Management Technical Group shares knowledge and expertise to promote good management of major hazards, especially process hazards and the important focus areas of People, Process and Plant, and improve industry performance.
Available to: All member companies of OEUK working in the field of major hazard management. Please get in contact with the group administrator for more information.
· Discuss technical safety and major hazard management issues affecting industry in order that members can better manage these hazards, and advise others on how to do so;
· Develop technical guidelines to address industry issues;
· Develop achievable strategies, priorities and action plans for improvement of major hazard management;
· Monitor and evaluate industry’s performance in major hazard management;
· Be aware of and positively influence HSE intervention priorities and establish key industry priorities/action plans accordingly;
· Influence and input to HSE research proposals and consider the practical implementation of that research;
· Share information and learn lessons from the international oil and gas industry and other major hazard industries;
· Respond to relevant industry consultations.