Offshore Energies UK (OEUK) has extended the deadline for submissions to its 2023 awards which celebrate outstanding companies and inspirational people working in the sector.
Potential entrants for the OEUK awards sponsored by Shell U.K. Limited have until Monday August 21 to submit their nomination for shining a spotlight on the industry’s brightest stars. Winners will be announced at the 2023 annual ceremony at P&J Live in Aberdeen on Thursday November 30.
This year’s roster of awards features three new categories:
- Outstanding Contribution to Energy Decarbonisation: companies leading the way in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and driving progress in delivering the UK’s climate change target.
- Outstanding Contribution to Energy Security: companies demonstrating the greatest impact on ensuring the UK’s security of supply in either oil and gas or renewable energies.
- Neighbour of the Year category: companies that exemplify exceptional corporate social responsibility and community engagement.
David Whitehouse, Chief Executive OEUK, said:
“The OEUK awards are a great opportunity to recognise the brilliant skilled people and companies working tirelessly to produce the energy that powers our homes, transport and industry. The revamped line up this year allows us to celebrate success in protecting energy security and decarbonising energy alongside shining a light on individual and community achievements. It’s always an uplifting and inspiring occasion and I look forward to seeing the nominations come in.”
Nominations are open for these categories:
- Apprentice of the Year- sponsored by Opito
- Early Career Professional of the Year
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Outstanding Contribution to Energy Security – sponsored by Wood
- Outstanding Contribution to Energy Decarbonisation – sponsored by North Sea Transition Authority
- Innovative Supply Chain of the Year (large enterprise & SME) – sponsored by Harbour Energy
- Neighbour of the Year
Information about the categories and how to nominate, is available here. The deadline for nominations is now 21 August 2023.