North Sea Oil & Gas – Unlocking Potential
This document shares the industry’s vision, beyond explaining what we do and how we do it, and delves into the driving force behind our actions. It includes a series of statistics, commonly asked questions, and graphs.
- We are proud to make a huge contribution. In 2022/23 alone we will add over £20bn to the UK economy.
- 2022 Gross Value Added (GVA) of £20bn – equal to nearly 1.5% of total UK GVA.
- We support over 200,000 good, skilled jobs across the length and breadth of the UK.
- We provide 90,000 jobs in Scotland.
- In 2050, the Climate Change Committee outline that oil and gas will still provide 22% of the UK’s energy needs.
- In 2022, domestic gas production met 44% of the UK’s needs.
- We have reduced our own impact on the environment by 20% since 2018.
- OEUK members are helping to develop 13GW of offshore wind capacity by 2030, with these projects requiring almost £30 billion of investment.
This publication can be downloaded free of charge.