IOC challenged to accelerate project first oil and reduce overall project CAPEX. Unclear if mothballed 500t platform deck and 300t jacket could be used instead of a new asset.
- Allow the reuse of a mothballed asset to avoid costly procurement and increased schedule.
- Reviewed design, construction, fabrication and modification records .
- Performed structural analysis and asset inspection.
- Compared asset health against company spec. Created mitigation plan
- Mothballed asset recommended fit for proposed use. Customer was able to purchase asset
- Reduced cycle time to procure, install and commission jacket/ platform deck by 60%
- Cost improvement estimated at 65% versus new structure
- Environmental advantages gained from re-using existing infrastructure