Oil & Gas UK Chief Executive Deirdre Michie said:
“A deal outcome is in the best interests of this industry, which is critical for security of energy supply and supports hundreds of thousands of skilled jobs right across the UK.
“We will continue to work with all parties and governments to inform the debate and encourage a constructive and timely approach to securing a deal which achieves the priorities identified by industry and can command the necessary political support.”
Our identified priorities are:
- Protecting the offshore industry from future EU regulatory changes.
- Minimal friction between the UK and EU.
- Maintaining a strong voice in Europe.
- Protecting energy trading and the internal energy market.
- Protecting our licence to operate.