Needless over-issue of PPE Kits (316 duplicated kits issued to technicians in 2016)
- To reduce the spend on initial issue PPE whilst ensuring individuals still receive PPE needed for their work prior to deployment offshore.
- Kaizen event that included the PPE supplier
- Map current process and draw out issues causing overspend on PPE
- Analyse the root causes to all the issues and identify their solutions
- Build a detailed to-be process
- Carry out the actions needed to run the new way of working
- Track the benefits
- Over-issue of kits reduced
- 93% in 2017
- 100% in the last 6 months
- Despite a spike in recruitment with the up-man for a major hook-up contract.
- Quantity of returned kits reduced
- Measures implemented at minimal cost that makes the suppliers work easier (i.e. less expensive).
- Benefits tracked for a year after and spend per person is still below target
- Regular meetings with supplier set-up to ensure standard kit continues to contain best for purpose PPE.
- 43% Cost avoidance during a major hook-up contract up-man
% cost avoided
(Jun – Nov17)