The newly-appointed chair of Oil & Gas UK’s Efficiency Task Force has praised the work of over 100 industry champions in improving the global competitiveness of the UK Continental Shelf.
At a recognition networking evening held in Aberdeen on Wednesday 22 November, ETF Chair Phil Simons outlined the ambitions of the pioneering task force as it looks to 2018.
The Vice President of North Sea and Canada for Subsea 7 rallied industry to continue its support for efficiency initiatives which have already seen the UK Continental Shelf deliver improvements to unit operating costs greater than in any other basin since 2014.
Over 60 professionals from across the oil and gas sector tasked with promoting efficiency within companies gathered at the event hosted at Nexen’s headquarters in Aberdeen. ETF Cultures Lead and Nexen’s VP Operations, Mike Backus, urged industry to continue to support efforts to seek out, promote and provide access to efficiency practice across the oil and gas industry.
Commenting, Efficiency Task Force chair Phil Simons said:
“With a network of champions working in companies right across the UK’s offshore oil and gas industry, the Efficiency Task Force continues to build the foundations for a more sustainable and globally competitive industry.
“The voluntary Efficiency Champions network has already made a valuable contribution to industry in championing innovation, driving change and challenging old habits.
“From developing sector case studies for our dedicated Efficiency Hub to hosting our popular efficiency roadshows the network is an example of how the industry is working together to maximise economic recovery from the UK Continental Shelf.
“I would urge anyone looking to be at the forefront of industry efficiency to get involved, particularly as we look towards expanding our activities in the new year.”
The call follows the successful launch of an online Efficiency Hub earlier this year, providing a one-stop shop for efficiency initiatives which help industry improve its performance.
Efficiency champions are encouraged to:
- Promote the Industry Behaviours Charter
- Host on-site ‘efficiency roadshows’ which highlight cross-industry initiatives
- Provide access to decision makers through a specific fast action point in order to escalate issues
- Strengthen industry cooperation through continual improvement in, and support for, industry codes of practice, forums and standards,
Notes to Editors
Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Adviser Natalie Coupar on 01224 577 343 / [email protected]
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.
- The Efficiency Task Force (ETF) aims to seek out, promote and provide access to efficient practice across the oil and gas industry while maintaining safe operations.
- The full list of signatories to the Industry Behaviours Charter is published on the Oil & Gas UK Efficiency Hub.