Production Chemistry Training in collaboration with Kernow Analytical Technology Ltd has announced a course focusing on wax, rheology, and deposition theory. The first session of this unique course is scheduled to take place from 12th to 15th February 2024 at KAT’s laboratory facilities in Cornwall, England.
This comprehensive course aims to blend theoretical knowledge with practical skills, adopting a 40:60 ratio of theory to practice. Attendees will engage in laboratory tests and practical exercises, equipping them with the expertise to handle real-world challenges effectively.
Key Highlights of the Course:
- Waxes: Participants will learn to determine the Wax Appearance Temperature (WAT/WDT) for various test fluids, gaining essential insights into sub-sampling for representative samples.
- Rheology: The course will cover several aspects of rheology, including:
- Pour Point: Delegates will conduct manual pour points using ASTM / IP methodology, understanding the impact of thermal and shear history on fluid rheology.
- Yield Stress: Using KAT’s Brookfield Rheometers and 15m model pipelines, attendees will learn how results can be scaled to full-size pipelines, along with understanding their differences and limitations.
- Viscosity: Participants will operate Brookfield Digital Portable Viscometers to determine dynamic viscosity vs. temperature curves for various test fluids.
- Deposition: The course offers practical demonstrations on wax deposition, including:
- Flow Loop & Coaxial Shear Cell: Practical insights into assessing wax deposition under field conditions.
- Cold Finger Tests: Delegates will perform tests to screen for inhibitors, learning to analyse deposits for characteristics like tenacity and weight.
Comprehensive Course Schedule and Facilities:
The course is meticulously planned, including an introductory networking dinner, theoretical sessions at the hotel, and practical sessions at KAT’s laboratories. Hotel accommodation, meals, and transportation between the hotel and KAT’s labs are included in the delegate rate.
|Evening Before Day 1
|Delegates Arrive and Check-in – Networking Evening Meal
|Day 1 & Day 2
|9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
|Theoretical Session at Hotel
|12 p.m. – 1 p.m.
|1 p.m. – 1.30 p.m.
|Transfer to KAT Laboratories
|1.30 p.m. – 4 p.m.
|Practical Session at KAT Laboratories
|4 p.m. – 4.30 p.m.
|Return Transfer to Hotel
|Breakfast and Check-out
|9 a.m. – 9.30 a.m.
|Transfer to KAT Laboratories
|9.30 a.m. – 12 p.m.
|Final Practical Session at KAT Laboratories
|After 12 p.m.
Inclusive Course Package:
- The course fee includes three nights of hotel accommodation, all meals, and transportation between the hotel and KAT’s laboratories.
- Theoretical sessions are conveniently located at the hotel, minimizing travel time and maximizing learning opportunities.
This course represents a significant opportunity for professionals in the field to enhance their skills and knowledge. PCT and KAT’s collaboration is a testament to their commitment to advancing industry standards and practices. For more information and to register, visit Production Chemistry Training.