Seven speakers specialising in staying ahead of the game in cyber security will be sharing their expertise at Oil & Gas UK’s seminar on the topic at Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre on September 18 sponsored by ABB.
Dr Alix Thom, Oil & Gas UK’s Workforce Engagement and Skills Issues Manager, said:
“Cooperation and sharing information within the industry is crucial to help companies collectively respond to emerging threats. It’s also important to learn from other sectors about how they manage risks and ensure safe and sustainable operations. Our speakers include representatives from the police, government, legal and insurance sectors, whose expertise will help deepen our understanding of new and ever-evolving realities in the global security environment.”
Clare Dobson of the Energy Cyber Security Team at the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) will deliver the keynote speech with speakers for the day including:
- Ben Dickinson, Cyber Security Consultant, ABB, and previously from the UK’s National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), part of GCHQ
- Detective Constable Richard Scott, Counter Terrorism Security Adviser, Police Scotland
- Ross McKenzie, Partner at Addleshaw Goddard LLP with responsibility for advising on all things data protection, technology and intellectual property
- Joe Goodlad, Principal Cyber Security Specialist, ADC (Aberdeen Drilling Consultants)
- Francis Lobo, Head of Upstream Oil and Gas Engineering at insurance firm, Canopius
- John Duncan, Senior Advisor Emergency Preparedness & Security, Total E&P
The format of the event will consist of 3 sessions, each followed by a Q&A with panel discussion, closing at 3.00pm.
Notes to Editors
- Details of the event are available on the website
- Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Advisor, Lucy Gordon on 01224 577331 / [email protected]
- Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.