1. Problem Statement
How to enhance delivery performance on the Callater Field Development Project to support project viability and business case in a low oil price environment.
- Best in class safety and quality performance.
- Project completion and ‘first oil’ within 24 months of field discovery.
- Project cost performance at or below budget.
- Create a high performing, collaborative, project delivery team for efficient and effective project delivery.
- Select known and trusted project delivery partners with predisposition to collaborative working.
- Provide leadership, vision and boundaries of responsibility to allow project team members (the right people for the right role) to do what they do best.
- Work with the ECITB Project Collaboration Toolkit retrospectively to evaluate and validate collaborative performance and to record outcomes and learnings from the collaborative experience for future benefit.
- Fast project team ramp up with critical items of scope specified, ordered/ completed early.
- Using partners with track record and known capability, formation of a lean, efficient project team that was focussed on delivery performance, with no role overlap and duplication.
- Project delivered for a 10% reduction on approved cost budget.
- A UKCS record for project schedule performance: 23 months only from field discovery to production.
- Demonstration to the entire UK oil & gas sector of what can be achieved through effective project collaboration.
Total schedule time saved: Completed 5 weeks ahead of an aggressive schedule of 24 months to first oil
Total cost savings: 10% saving on approved project budget