Today (June 14) the search begins to find industry’s most inspiring people and companies as Oil & Gas UK invites nominations for its 2018 annual award ceremony, sponsored by Shell U.K. Limited.
The flagship event takes place on November 1 at Aberdeen’s Exhibition and Conference Centre, providing the opportunity for outstanding performers to be recognised by their peers for their unique, positive and notable contribution to the sector.
Deirdre Michie, Oil & Gas UK’s chief executive, said: “There’s always a great sense of anticipation as we approach the annual awards but this year we’re beginning to see the significant impact of all the collective hard work being done to safely increase efficiency and improve our global competitiveness.
“It is thanks to the inspiring leadership of industry champions as well as the collaborative mindset of many companies working together that we are adapting effectively to demanding business conditions and the awards in November are an ideal opportunity to celebrate these achievements. “
Nominations are open for the following categories:
- Apprentice of the Year – sponsored by OPITO
- Graduate of the Year – sponsored by ECITB
- Workforce Engagement – sponsored by Fairfield
- MER UK Award – sponsored by Oil and Gas Authority
- Mentor of the Year – sponsorship package available
- Diversity and Inclusiveness – sponsorship package available
- Business Innovation (SME and Large Enterprise) – sponsorship package available
- Excellence in Decommissioning Award – sponsorship package available
Find out more information on the categories and how to nominate here. The deadline for nominations is August 3.
Sponsorship opportunities are available here
Notes to Editors
Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Lucy Buglass on 020 7802 2404 or [email protected].
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.