The team behind a pioneering initiative tasked with improving the global competitiveness of the UK’s offshore oil and gas industry, credits its success to businesses adopting an “open door to change” mindset.
The Efficiency Task Force (ETF), which marks its second anniversary this week, today revealed that over 80 companies are represented across its projects and activities. More than 40 businesses operating in the UK Continental Shelf have now signed the Industry Behaviours Charter, with a further 43 active efficiency champions driving good practice within their organisations.
Speaking to members at Oil & Gas UK’s stand at Offshore Europe, ETF Chairman, Walter Thain, today rallied industry to keep up the momentum behind its efficiency drive.
He said: “Since our launch in 2015, the ETF has undertaken a range of pan-industry initiatives which aim to promote and deliver greater efficiency in the UK’s oil and gas sector.
“Through improved efficiency we can ensure the basin is more sustainable and globally competitive. This means finding leaner, smarter and more innovative ways of working.
“In a short space of time we have achieved a great deal. For example, the industry guidelines promoted by the ETF are being successfully used by industry, as it reduces duplication and standardises processes. Our pioneering Efficiency Hub holds over 100 case studies that demonstrate the positive impact of these improvements.
“These initiatives have been successful because businesses have kept the door open to change. I am keen for us to build on this positive approach as we take the ETF forward into the next crucial stage.”
Notes to Editors
- Outline of ETF achievements:
- The ETF’s achievements demonstrate cultural change, simplification and improved business processes
- Launch of Efficiency Hub launched in June 2017, providing one-stop shop for efficiency initiatives which help industry improve its performance. This includes tools, case studies, sign post to industry initiatives, guidelines
- 80 companies represented across ETF projects and activities
- 43 active efficiency champions who innovate, drive change and challenged old habits
- 134 downloads of Subsea Application Guidelines
- 40 downloads of Compression System guidelines promoted in July 2017
- Launch of Efficiency Accumulator, which gives an overview of how well the industry is performing
- 7 ETF Roadshows held, each attended by up to 150 employees
Issued by the Communications Team, Oil & Gas UK. Contact Communications Adviser Natalie Coupar 07531407007 / [email protected]
Oil & Gas UK is the leading representative organisation for the UK offshore oil and gas industry. Its membership comprises oil and gas producers and contractor companies.